Getting to the East Wind by Car
- From the south, take I-95 to Portland and then I-295 north; exit I-295 at Brunswick (Exit 28) or at Topsham (Exit 31) and take coastal U.S. Route 1 North.
- Follow US Route 1 north to Thomaston.
- Turn right (south) onto Route 131 at the Henry Knox Mansion.
- Travel south on Route 131 for 9 miles or so.
- Watch for the Post Office on the left in Tenants Harbor. Bear left off the main road just past the Post Office and head about 200 yards down to the water.
Getting to the East Wind from the Airport
- The East Wind is an easy, scenic 90 minutes from the Portland Airport, and about 4 hours from Boston's Logan Airport.
- You can take a 45 minute shuttle flight on Cape Air from Boston's Logan International Airport to Knox County Airport, Owls Head (Airport Code: RKD). Airport is approximately 15 minutes from the East Wind.
Getting to the East Wind by Boat
- Tenants Harbor, known for its deep, protected waters, is a popular sailing destination. If traveling by boat, contact the Tenants Harbor Boatyard at (207) 372-8063 so they can coordinate your arrival and transportation needs.
- The East Wind has moorings available to rent which are managed by the Tenants Harbor Boatyard.